Thursday, May 8, 2014

Untamed (The Brothers Wilde #1) by Victoria Green & Jinsey Reese

Written by: Victoria Green & Jinsey Reese
Series: The Brothers Wilde
Sequence: Book 1
Rating: 5 stars
Genre: New Adult / Contemporary Romance
First Published: April 15, 2014
Published: Turning Leaves Press
Available to purchase: Amazon
Add to Reading List: Goodreads


Synopsis:
Rich, beautiful, and wild, Reagan McKinley has everything she needs...but nothing that she wants. That is, until she spends one hot night in the arms of sexy, unbridled Dare Wilde.

She's a girl trapped in a rigid world she desperately wants to escape, and he's an untamed artist with an attitude, hell-bent on freeing her—body, mind, and soul. But Reagan's life is not her own, and Dare is not welcome in it. She can't include him in her carefully-controlled, extremely public lifestyle...and yet she cannot give him up.

Will a shared passion for art—and, increasingly, each other—be enough to keep them together? Or will it be the thing that ultimately tears them apart?



My Review:
Untamed (Untamed #1)Untamed by Victoria Green

Untamed was a brilliant start to what promises to be an unforgettable series! It managed to pack a punch from the get go. Starting with a nightclub, shots and drugs to chase away unhappiness, it was an eye opener for me.

Reagan McKinley is a disappointment to her family. She's the daughter of a wealthy mayoral candidate, who expects nothing but perfection from his children. She's a college student who'd rather be majoring in Art than in Legal studies that has been dictated to her by her father. In her spare time she works for an art gallery doing what she loves most. When she's not being the perfect college girl, she's wild and rebellious with popping prescription drugs and having a string of one night stands.
Then she meets Dare. He's captivating, mysterious, sexy and screams "Danger! Bad boy alert!". He changes her life forever. She knows her father would never approve, she knows she shouldn't want him, but she's hooked.
Reagan has some difficult choices to make. Does she take a chance at happiness and being free of the constant expectations that she can't live up to, or keep living her life like a robot, programmed by her horrible family?

I have to admit, I didn't want to finish Untamed. I went into it knowing that it was #1 of a possible 7 novellas, but I knew Untamed was going to break my heart. I just didn't want the awesome relationship between Dare and Reagan to get meddled with, like I knew it would. I got to 70% and thought " nah, can't do it", but I dried my tears, sucked it up and kept reading, because I was loving it! Damn you ladies for getting me hooked on your series! *shakes fist in indignation* And, I have to
add another "sigh-worthy" fictional boyfriend to my ever growing list!

Untamed delivers a romantic but heart breaking story that reminds us that money doesn't bring happiness unless you are a greedy, soulless, selfish and shallow fool. With its mouth watering, sensual and sometimes wild love scenes and its cast of heroes and villains, it is fabulous quick read that will have you devouring it for more.

View all my reviews

Check out Victoria & Jinsey's Links:
Blog
Twitter - Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment